March 14, 2023
Backplane Systems Technology is pleased to present iBase’s M1836. The MI836 industrial-grade Mini-ITX motherboard, based on the Intel Atom x6000E processor, has been introduced by IBASE Technologies Inc, a top supplier of embedded boards and solutions. Its TDP ranges from 6W to 12W. With a wide operating temperature range of -20°C to 70°C, it supports both passive and active thermal solutions and ensures dependable operation even in outdoor and semi-outdoor applications.
The MI836 is practically appropriate for a wide range of businesses or applications that demand the platform’s performance and low-power architecture. Real-time control systems, fleet monitoring and management systems, kiosks, and point-of-sale (POS) systems are a few examples of these applications. It has two Intel® 2.5G Ethernet controllers, two DDR4 3200MHz slots with a 32GB capacity and IBECC (In Band ECC), as well as a graphical interface for HDMI (2.0b), VGA, and eDP or LVDS displays. It also has a 12V–24V DC input.
The MI836 offers a wide range of expansion slots, including 1x PCIe Gen. 3, 1x mPCIe, and 2x M.2 sockets (M-key and E-key) for add-on cards, storage devices, and wireless connectivity. It also offers 3x USB 3.1, 4x USB 2.0, 1x SATA III, 2x RS-232 COM, and 2x coastline RS-232/422/485 COM ports for secure serial communication over a network. Operating systems including Yocto, 64-bit Windows 10, and Ubuntu are supported.
- Onboard Intel® Atom® x6000 series processors
- 2x DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM sockets, Max. 32GB, supports IBECC
- Intel® Atom® processor integrated graphic HDMI (2.0b), VGA and LVDS or eDP
- Dual Intel® 2.5G LAN (I226IT)
- 3x USB 3.1, 4x USB 2.0, 4x COM, 1x SATA III
- 1x PCIe (x1) [Gen. 3.0], 1x mPCIe, 2x M.2 sockets (M-key & E-key)
- Watchdog timer, Digital I/O, fTPM
- Wide-range operating temperature from -20°C to +70°C