December 5, 2018
Backplane Systems Technology is proud to introduce MPL’s Rugged Fanless Xeon Server Solution with up to 16 Cores.
The powerful Fanless Xeon Server can be used in rugged applications, available with a fanless enclosure or open frame, and substantially more processing power, memory capacity, and flexibility (M-COTS) than any previous fanless solution. The MXCS (MPL Xeon Class Server) follows the same design philosophy MPL has held for rugged fanless products for the past 32 years, and is designed to meet most standards (such as CE, UL, MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461F, MIL-STD-704F, MIL-STD-1275D, EN50155, or IEC 60945).
The Xeon Server Solution can be passively conductively cooled, and will operate even in extended temperature ranges. The conductive cooling can be adjusted to suit the individual application and location, making the Xeon Server universal. On request, it can be equipped with a failure protected ventilation array. It is modular, therefore extremely flexible for any rugged application, and can be used with an enclosure for wall or desktop mounting, as a 19″ rack, with 1.5 HE or 2 HE depending on the internal expansions and selected cooling mechanism. It is SWaP-C oriented, requires less than 60W in full operation, and comes with several internal buses for expansions (M-COTS).
The MXCS is the perfect solution for an unlimited range of applications like C4ISR, EW, imaging processing, surveillance, virtual machines, data centre processing, or any application that requires more processing power in a small space with the highest reliability and without the need of a fan.
- Fanless Design
- Use of Components in Extended Temperature Ranges
- Use of Components out of Embedded Program with Long-Term Availability
- Designed to Meet Most Rugged Requirements
- 4x mSATA or M.2 for Mass Storage
- 4x mPCIe Slots with Retention Capabilities
- 4x PCIe x1 or 1x PCIe x8 and 1x PCIe x1
- Expansion Capabilities for GPGPU on MXM, PCIe (eg. RAID, High End Graphics or XMC Modules
- Up to 128GB Registered ECC DDR4 Memory
- BMC for Remote Management (IPMI)
- Redundant Boot Flash
- Optional TPM Module, with Intel Chip or FPGA