September 6, 2021
Backplane Systems Technology is proud to present iBase’s IB836, which is a 3.5-inch single board computer powered by robust Intel® Atom® x6000 Series (formerly Elkhart Lake) processors to meet the demands of critical real-time computing in applications spanning the retail, transport, industrial automation, and medical sectors.
To support the next generation of IoT solutions, IB836 comes with three processor variants with a TDP range of 6W to 12W, a maximum of 3.0GHz burst frequency, up to 50% improved CPU performance and up to two times enhancement in graphics from the previous generation. The SBC has two DDR4 memory slots with a 32GB capacity and in-band error-correcting code (IBECC) functionality that corrects single-bit memory errors in standard, non-ECC memory. Three independent displays can be driven with up to 4Kp60 resolutions via two DisplayPort (DP & Type C) and one eDP or LVDS output.
Rich I/O connectivity and expansion capabilities on the IB836 allow connection to numerous peripherals and include 2x USB 2.0, 4x USB 3.1, 2x SATA III, 1x M.2 and 1x mPCIe interface, as well as three Gigabit Ethernet ports for high-speed connections to wired devices. Measuring 102mm by 147mm, the board operates on a 9V~36V wide range power input and extended temperature range of -40 to +85°C.
- Onboard Intel® Atom® x6000 Series processor
- 2x DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM, Max.32GB, supports IBECC
- Supports 2x DisplayPort (DP and Type-C), eDP or 24-bit dual-channel LVDS
- 3x Intel® PCI-E GbE LAN
- 2x USB 2.0, 4x USB 3.1, 2x SATA III
- 1x M.2 sockets (E-Key), 1x Mini PCI-E slot (Full-size)
- Watchdog timer, Digital I/O, TPM (2.0), mSATA (Share with SATA port)
- Wide-range operating temperature from -40°C to 85°C