March 29, 2023
Backplane Systems Technology is pleased to present Neousys’ PCle-GL26, a six-port GMSL2 automotive camera frame grabber card with AI support. It is a turnkey industrial-grade frame grabber package that contains drivers for selected GMSL2 cameras with video streaming sample codes.
PCIe-GL26 intends to provide better outdoor vision capability with an automotive GMSL2 camera interface to powerful x86 autonomous car computing platforms. Due to their advanced characteristics, such as IP67 waterproofness, high dynamic range (120dB HDR), auto white balance (AWB), and LED flicker avoidance, automotive GMSL2 cameras are perfect for autonomous vehicle applications (LFM). Also, it helps computer vision applications used in outdoor settings with varying lighting conditions. Regardless of lighting conditions, from brilliant sunny days to pitch-black nights, powerful x86 machines with PCIe-GL26 can obtain high-quality photos with a minimum amount of latency.
The PCIe-GL26 form factor, which has a half-length, standard height, and one slot, is compatible with the majority of host systems that have a PCIe extension. A host computer can install up to four PCIe-GL26 cards and support up to 24x GMSL2 camera streams with pre-built example scripts. Employing a unique synchronisation system, it is capable of capturing images from six GMSL2 cameras concurrently within microseconds of channel-to-channel skew. It can also accept a GPS PPS signal to align image data with LIDAR or PCIe-GL26 on another host system.
PCIe-GL26 is much more than just a GMSL2 frame grabber card thanks to Jetson XavierTM NX. The PCIe-GL26 is an AI camera sensor hub with 21 TOPS AI performance, 6 GSML2 camera inputs, 1 GPS PPS input, 1 RS232, and 1 isolated CAN 2.0. It can perform sensor fusion and data pre-processing for ADAS or autonomous vehicles.
- 6x GMSL2 FAKRA Z inputs supporting automotive GMSL2 cameras
- Turnkey solution with pre-installed GMSL2 camera driver for selected cameras
- Powered by NVIDIA® Jetson Xavier™ NX bundled with JetPack 4.6.1
- 21 TOPS AI performance with up to 22 streams of simultaneous 1080p@30FPS video encoding capability
- x2 Gen3 PCI Express interface offering 10Gb/s total bandwidth
- 1x GPS PPS input for frame sync calibration
- 1x isolated CAN 2.0 and 1x RS232
- -25°C to 60°C operating temperature with airflow