- Supports 3.3 V/5 V PCI bus, Plug and Play for VXC-142(i)AU
- Supports PCI Express, Plug and Play for VEX-142(i)
- Provides 2 RS-422/485 ports
- Built-in COM-Selector
- +/-4 kV ESD Protection for i versions
- 2500 VDC Isolation for i versions
- 128 KB Software Buffer (max.) for Each COM Port Under Windows
- 128-byte Hardware FIFO for Each Port
- Short Card Design
Serial Communication Board with 2 RS-422/485 ports
The VXC/VEX-142 series card provides two RS-422/RS-485 serial ports. Each port can be configured as either RS-485 for half-duplex or RS-422 for full-duplex communication. It supports for speed up to 115200 bps and supports full-duplex communication.
Users may specify a COM port number manually by setting dip switch, or let the driver choose an available number automatically. The driver provides a maximum of 128 KB software FIFO for each COM port under Windows. It’s practical for large file transmission.
The data lines of each serial ports on i version VXC/VEX cards come with photocouplers design. The on-board photo couplers use a short optical transmission path to transfer a signal between elements of a circuit, and keep the data lines electrically isolated. It can help cutting down on ground loops, common mode voltages and block voltage spikes, provide electrical isolation, and offer significant protection from serious over-voltage conditions in one circuit affecting the other.
See the PDF Datasheet
- ICP DAS