- Incorporates any RS-232/422/485 serial device in Ethernet
- Data transmission via Virtual COM or raw TCP connection
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 x 1 (Auto-negotiating, auto MDI/MDIX, LED Indicators)
- Contains a 32-bit MCU that efficiently handles network traffic
- Virtual COM driver for 32/64-bit Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/2012/2016/10
- Watchdog Timer Suitable for Use in Harsh Environments
- 3000 VDC Isolation and +/-4 kV ESD protection
- Allows automatic RS-485 direction control
- Includes redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC jack
- Supports pair-connection (serial-bridge, serial-tunnel) applications
- Supports TCP client-mode and TCP server-mode operations
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery (UDP Search)
- Static IP or DHCP network configuration
- Easy firmware update via the Ethernet (BOOTP, TFTP)
- Tiny Web server for configuration (HTTP)
- Tiny form-factor and low power consumption
- Cost-effective device servers
- RoHs compliant & no Halogen
The tDS-718i is a Serial-to-Ethernet device server that is designed to add Ethernet and Internet connectivity to any RS-232 and RS-422/485 device, and to eliminate the cable length limitation of legacy serial communication. It can be easily used for remote controlling of your serial devices through Ethernet network.
By using the VxComm Driver/Utility, the built-in COM port of the tDS-718i can be virtualized to a standard PC COM port in Windows. Most serial devices don’t have network ports; tDS-718i is able to add network connectivity to those devices. Therefore, users can transparently access or monitor serial devices over the Internet/Ethernet without software modification.
The tDS-718i also adds 3000 VDC isolation and +/-4 kV ESD protection component that diverts the potentially damaging charge away from sensitive circuit to protects the module and equipment from the sudden and momentary electric current.
tDS-718i CR: Tiny Device Server with PoE and 1 Isolated RS-232/422/485 Port (10-Pin Terminal Block, RoHS)
- ICP DAS